I decided to write this short introduction with links to articles that might be helpful for you to better understand our company and the opportunity we present.
VivaReal is founded by Me (Brian Requarth) and my two business partners, Thomas Floracks and Diego Simon (an AIESECer). We have a pretty big cultural mix at VivaReal. I am from California, Thomas is from Germany and Diego is Brazilian. While at our office in Bogota it not uncommon for you to hear a combination of English, Spanish, Portuguese and maybe even a little German if Thomas is really upset about something .
Here is a quick breakdown. If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask them in the comments. You can ask them in English, Spanish or Portuguese and I will respond.
VivaReal is an online real estate marketplace. This basically means we help people find property in any of the countries where we operate via website we built. We are not real estate companies and we don’t actually sell real estate. VivaReal is a technology/marketing company.
VivaReal is a fast growing startup that is expanding. We have a fun – work hard, play hard company culture. To learn more about VivaReal’s core philosophies click here.
We are a pretty demanding group so we want to find the best possible people to join our team.
We will be opening two positions via AIESEC.
1) Development and Technical Support - You will be in charge of providing technical support to VivaReal’s growing client base in Brazil. Your main tasks will include: Support XML feed management and processing, web services maintenance, test automation and creation of technical documentation for software companies and providers in Brazil. We are looking for candidates in Sao Paulo able to facilitate communications between clients, our development team and Brazil headquarters.
For this opening we prefer someone with the background/experience described below:
- JAVA programming (Required)
- HTML / CSS (Required)
- Good written and verbal communication (Required)
- Linux Operating System (Required)
- XML / XSLT (Preferred)
- Bash Programming (Preferred)
- Linux Server Administration (Preferred)
Applicants for this position can send their cv’s directly to Thomas at vivareal.com.
2) Content/Social media – You will help us plan our strategy for Mexico (candidate must live in el DF)
Ideally you have EXCELLENT writing and verbal communication skills and are passionate about social media and the internet.
These are the two positions we have available. So if you like new challenges, the Internet and potential growth opportunities, please apply for the position. We like cover letters about why you think you are the right person. If you want to stand out upload a video to youtube and tell us why you think you could be the right person. You can send it to me @ brian (at) vivareal.com.